Keys to Our Community
April Events & Attractions
Rockport-Fulton Foodie Trail Apr. 1-30
- Check into five restaurants to receive local roasted coffee,
- Check into 15 restaurants to receive a bag of local Stevie Lew’s Fish Rub or Garden Seasoning
- Check into 20 restaurants to receive a T-shirt
- Check in 30 times and receive a Rockport-Fulton Foodie Trail Championship Flag and have your photo included on the Find Yourself in Rockport-Fulton Foodie Trail Wall of Fame in the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce.
1st Annual Fishing For Wishes Tournament
April 30, 2022
Held at the Fulton Convention Center, 402 Fulton Beach Rd., Fulton, TX 78358, this tournament’s location is in the world-renowned area known for saltwater tournaments! Fishing categories are Redfish, Trout, Most Spots on a Redfish, Blackjack Trout, Texas Slam, Calcutta, Kids Pier Fishing Tournament, and Make-A-Wish Kids Fishing Tournament. There will also be a Live Auction, Drop Ticket Raffle, and Giveaways! For more information contact Ken Hoffart at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-451-7769.
Rockport Kite Festival
April 30, 2022
Let’s go fly a kite! From 10 am – 5 pm at the Rockport Festival Grounds join this FREE family fun event with pro kite flyers, arts and crafts, food trucks, vendors, and more! Don’t forget to bring your lawn chairs and blankets, etc.
Get excited for this City of Rockport Parks Department Event! For more details please visit https://cityofrockport.com/507/Parks-Events or call 361-727-2158.
Easter Sunrise Service
Join in for the annual Easter Sunrise Service at the entrance of Rockport Beach behind the Bay Education Center near the Aransas County Navigation District office. Services start at Sunrise (7 am) Sunday, April 17, 2022. Bring your lawn chairs. All are invited and welcome to attend
Join The Outdoor Fun In Rockport-Fulton, Texas!
Aransas County is known for eco-tourism, so social distancing is not a problem. The fishing is phenomenal. This area is known among anglers for its hearty speckled trout and redfish, among the wide variety of saltwater catches waiting in the waters.
Professional fishing guides, public piers, and marinas are readily available. An activity that is popular in the area is Kayak fishing. With an array of kayak sites, everyone from fishermen to birders can enjoy and take part in the use of these. With miles of seascape, there is ample opportunity to enjoy the beauty along with a bit of meditation.
Our phenomenal birding environment boasts over 400 different species that can be spotted in the marshes, wooded inland areas, and along the sandy beaches.
Around Town Community Events
Rockport Downtown Farmers Market, Apr. 9, 9 am – 12 pm, A great place to buy locally grown produce as well as jams, jellies, & pickled produce. There will often be fresh-baked bread, local honey, eggs, and locally raised beef. Located in the parking lot at 105 S. Austin St., Rockport, Texas every 2nd Saturday of the month. The contact email for anyone interested in being a vendor is email@example.com
Rockport Downtown Makers Market, Apr. 9, 9 am – 5 pm, A local outdoor market featuring locally made items such as art, pottery, photography, handcrafted items, and more! Located in the Daily Grind Courtyard at 302 S. Austin St., Rockport, Texas. If you are interested in selling at this event please contact, Michell Mock-McMahon by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org. FMI:https://fb.me/e/1HfICaMp5
Rockport-Fulton Market Days, Apr. 15-17, 9 am – 4 pm, COME JOIN THE FUN at Rockport Fulton Market Days, the best market in SOUTH TEXAS as we celebrate Easter Weekend! Starting Sunday morning 8 am – 10 am with a Sunrise Service and then an Easter Egg Hunt at 1 pm with over $3,000 in 1, 5, 10 & $20 bills inside of the Easter Eggs with 3 & 4, 5-7, 8-10, & 11-13 year old groups! We offer over 200 Amazing Vendors, awesome food trucks & alcohol, a 1600 square foot tent with LIVE MUSIC, seating, pet friendly environment & free face painting for the kids! Located on the Festival Grounds at Rockport Harbor, 100 Seabreeze, Rockport, Texas! Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 9 am – 4 pm, no fee – open to the public! Every third weekend of the month! FMI, go to ACMTexas.com & follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rockportmarket | 361-463-0125.
Local Events & Attractions
Rockport Center for the Arts
- Apr. 2, 10 am – 3:30 pm, Painted Garden Rocks
- Apr. 8 – May 8, “Refinement,” work by Erin Cunningham
- Apr. 8 – May 8, “Thoughtfully Handcrafted,” work by the artists of Splinter Group in Austin
- Apr. 9, 5 pm – 7 pm, join us at the Gallery for an opening reception for “Thoughtfully Hand-Crafted” and “Refinement.”
Visit Rockport Center for the Arts at 401 South Austin St in Rockport (1st Floor of Baker Law). Hours of operation, Tuesday -Thursday 10 am – 4 pm, Friday-Saturday 10 am – 5 pm. 361-729-5519 or visit rockportartcenter.com
- Apr. 2, 9 am, Cove Harbor Wetland Bird Walk with demonstration of eBird app, led by Patrick Hartigan, enjoy an easy walk and explore the native flora and fauna of the Coastal Bend.
- Apr. 9, 10 am, Nature Walk at Linda S. Castro Sanctuary, led by Local Texas Master Naturalists and walk leader Patrick Hartigan, enjoy an easy walk and explore the native flora and fauna of the Coastal Bend.
- Apr. 22, 8 am, Beautification Day and clean up at Connie Hagar Cottage Sanctuary
- Apr. 23, 10 am, Nature Walk at Connie Hagar Cottage Sanctuary, led by Local Texas Master Naturalists Neli Spurrell, enjoy an easy walk and explore the native flora and fauna of the Coastal Bend.
These events are free and open to the public, FMI 361-729-6445 or email@example.com.
Discover your Pathway! Hiking-Biking-Kayaking-History and Birding. Attractions and Nature trails throughout Aransas County. Are you looking to get out in nature while lending a helping hand? Aransas Pathways has volunteer opportunities! If you want to give back to a good cause, call 210-639-2340 to sign up! FMI on Aransas Pathways, visit www.aransaspathways.com | 361-729-6445.
Rockport Country Club
- Apr. 4, Wing Swing – Wing Ding 2022, Wings Rescue Center’s Wing Ding is back, joined by Wing Swing for Golfers. Golf Tournament Shotgun Start 8 am, $150 per person/Foursome: $500, sponsorship opportunities are available. Wing Ding Dinner: 6 pm, featuring a cash bar and silent auction, tickets: $100 per person, Table for 8: $700, Table for 10: $900, Dinner Sponsor: $2,500 (Table for 8 and Recognition at Dinner.) For Sponsorship/Tickets: CharityGolfToday.com/Wing
Located at 101 Champions Dr. Rockport Country Club is poised to offer its members a lifestyle not found anywhere in the Coastal Bend area. Member’s offers include golf, dining, fitness, pool, and tennis. Private events are available for non-members. For membership questions please call Chris DeLoach (361) 450-4393 or visit our website at www.rockportcc.com
Rockport Little Theatre
- Apr. 8-24, Fridays & Saturdays 7 pm, Sundays 3 pm, “The Death and Life of Sneaky Fitch,” written by James L. Rosenberg, “A Farcical Comedy in Three Acts,” doors open an hour before the show, donation bar & concessions. Tickets at the door and online. Tickets: $20.
- Apr. 30, 3pm and 7 pm, Comedy Magic Show with John Shack, doors open an hour before show, donation bar & concessions, tickets at the door and online.
- “Divorce Sale” Auditions last two weeks of April, watch Facebook and RockportLittleTheatre.com for more information!
For tickets, show dates, or more information please call 361-230-2660. To purchase tickets or buy a brick as a fundraiser for the performing arts of Rockport Little Theatre: https://www.rockportlittletheatre.com
Aransas County Crime Stoppers
Apr. 9, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, Keep It Safe MC Ride, this motorcycle gathering and ride will include a ride along the beach/waterfront, Aransas National Wildlife Refuge and the circumference of Aransas County. We will have light snacks and drinks before the ride and a hearty lunch upon return. Bikes will meet at Market Center (610 E. Market St. – site of old City Hall) at 8:30 and depart at 9AM. Return time is approximately 2-2 1/2 hours later. Corpus Christi Harley Davidson will help sponsor this event. We will have vendors, door prizes and raffle. A donation of $20 per bike and $10 per passenger (under 16 free) is requested. FAITH Riders MC will be helping out with this event coordination for the ride. For more information contact Jacque Winkle at 361-727-0022.
City of Rockport Parks Department
- Apr. 9, 10 am – 12 pm, Easter Egg Hunt at Memorial Park located at 1601 FM 2165 (Pearl St) (featured above) We will have different organizations/leagues/churches providing free crafts, games and giveaways before and after the egg hunts along with a touch-a-truck event.
- Apr. 30, 10 am – 5 pm, Rockport Kite Festival at Rockport Festival Grounds (featured above)
For more details please visit https://cityofrockport.com/507/Parks-Events or call 361-727-2158.
The History Center for Aransas County
- Apr. 9, 10 am – 12 pm, KACB Plant Exchange, do you have a green thumb and love plants? OR, do you want to develop a green thumb and don’t know where to start? Whichever category you fall under, visit KACB’s Plant Exchange on April 9th! Bring plants, clippings, seeds and grow tips to exchange for the joy of more plants, clippings and seeds because one can never have enough plants! Look forward to meeting you!
- Apr. 10, 2 pm, “Cultural Arts from Vietnam,” will be held at the Fulton Mansion State Historic Site. The program will feature an artist – Hiep Nguyen, a linguist – Dr. Ngo, a priest – Fr. Tung Tran, and musicians. Panelists will introduce a more in-depth look at the arts, language, and customs of Vietnam.
- Apr. 15, deadline for drop off of items (documents or three dimensional) for Time Capsule. The Sesquicentennial committee is seeking items to put in the time capsule representing 2021.
Hours of operation for the History Center: Monday and Friday 10 am – 2 pm; Saturday and Sunday 1 pm – 4 pm. 801 E. Cedar St. Rockport | A Pathways Venue | For membership, volunteer information, and other activities: call 361-727-9214 or visit http://www.hcfriends.net/
Fulton Mansion State Historic Site
- Apr. 16, 5 pm – 6 pm, Easter Egg Hunt on the lawn (featured above)
Hours of operation for Fulton Mansion: Tuesday through Saturday 10 am – 4 pm; Sunday 1 pm – 4 pm. Adult admission $7.00, Seniors $6.00, Military Veterans $6.00, children $4.00, children under 5 are free. The Fulton Mansion is located at 317 S. Fulton Beach Rd. Rockport, TX. Call ahead for the most up-to-date information: 361-729-0386 or visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/visitfultonmansion
Texas Maritime Museum & Education Center
- Apr. 9, 10 am – 12 pm, TMM table at Memorial Park for City of Rockport Easter Event
- Apr. 16, 5 pm – 6:30 pm, TMM table at Fulton Mansion Easter Event
- Apr. 20, 10 am – 11 am, TINY TOTS! in the TMM Education Center
- Apr. 27, 10 am – 11 am, TINY TOTS! in the TMM Education Center
The Texas Maritime Museum is located at (1202 Navigation Circle, Rockport, TX 78382. For membership, volunteer information, and other activities: call 361-729-1271 or visit texasmaritimemuseum.org
Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
Apr. 23, 9 am – 12 pm, “Cuttings and Beyond: Propagating Your Own Plants,” Propagation is fun, easy, and you get free plants! In this hands-on workshop you will learn from Master Gardener Propagation Specialist how to create you own babies using multiple propagation methods. Fee: $25, all materials provided. Register NOW – aspmgstore.org click on “workshops” or call for more information.
AgriLife Extension Office, 892 Airport Road, Rockport, TX. Master Gardeners is a non-profit program of TX A&M Agrilife Extension Service. FMI https://txmg.org/aransas/ or call (361) 790-0103.
Bay Education Center
The Estuary Exhibit Hall is now open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am – 4 pm with “Science on a Sphere” presentations every day at 2 pm. 361-774-1785, 121 Seabreeze Drive, Rockport, TX 78382
Fulton Schoolhouse Museum
Open every Saturday from 1 pm – 4 pm, with free tours! Come see what a one-room schoolhouse looked like! See a perfect replica of the Fulton Mansion and view interesting items that have been donated by Fulton residents. Located at 305 7th Street, Fulton, TX 78358.
Fulton Music in the Park
Every Friday 7 pm – 10 pm (weather permitting) at The Pavilion at Fulton Harbor Park. Free and open to the public to enjoy!
Rockport Cultural Arts District
RCAD’s four murals are an Instagrammer’s dream, celebrating the community’s wildlife and heritage as an Art Colony since 1948. A safe and fun way to remember Rockport! One of 48 Cultural Districts in Texas, the Rockport District is restoring the historic San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad Depot. Discover more about the galleries, shops, restaurants, food trucks, and cultural institutions at https://rockportculturalartsdistrict.com/
Goose Island State Park
- Shorebird Walk: Wednesdays & Saturdays 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Woodland Bird Walk: Thursdays 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Big Tree Natural Area Bird Walk: Fridays 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
Open 7 days a week from 8 AM-10 PM. Park Headquarters is staffed 7 days a week from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Tent and RV camping available; reservations recommended. Hurricane Harvey repairs are complete and all areas of the park are open, including the 1,620 ft. fishing pier, bayfront campsites, boat ramp, birding areas, hiking trail, and picnic area. While at Goose Island, be sure to visit one of the most famous live oaks in the world, the “Big Tree,” estimated to be centuries old. For more information, visit https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/goose-island, https://www.facebook.com/GooseIslandSP/, or call 361-729-2858.
The Woman’s Club of Aransas County
Open Monday and Friday 12:30 pm – 4 pm. No food or drinks. Masks are required. Tables 6ft apart. Temperatures will be taken before entering and hand sanitizer used. 50% occupancy rules apply. Play canasta, mah-jongg, and party bridge. | 1104 E. Concho, Rockport. (Across from the Chamber of Commerce near the Rockport Harbor) Members $4 | Non-members $5. FMI: 361-557-1150 or visit https://www.wcofaransas.org
Lighted Night Kayaking
Trips leave at 8 pm and 10 pm. More info can be obtained by contacting the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce at 361-729-6445.
Texas’ first Blue Wave Beach! Located at 210 Seabreeze Drive, Rockport, TX 78382. Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 6 am – 11 pm and Friday-Saturday, 6 am – 11 pm. Beach passes for Rockport Beach are $10/Daily and $40/Yearly. No charge for walk-ins.
Birding and Dolphin Tours/Boat & Kayak Excursions
Group boat tours are available. Information on Dolphin and birding adventures can be obtained by contacting the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce at 361-729-6445.
Aransas National Wildlife Refuge
Open daily from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. The Visitor Contact Station is currently closed. Come hike a trail, fish off the pier or from your kayak, or drive the 16-mile auto tour. FMI, call 361-349-1181 or visit www.facebook.com/AransasNWR or www.fws.gov/refuge/aransas/.
(Voted the #1 birding spot and # 5 National Wildlife Refuge in the USA for USA TODAY Readers’ Choice)
Community Aquatic Park
Classes include Water Aerobics, Water Walking, and Lap Swim. Located at 2001 Stadium Dr. The park houses an 8 lane, 25-yard pool (heated to 86 degrees) and diving area, a bathhouse, towel warmer, and swimsuit dryer. The park also has a playground, picnic area, and a ¼ mile nature trail. FMI: firstname.lastname@example.org | 361-727-9989 | www.cityofrockport.com
Check out the Disc golf course intertwining among the oak trees. Memorial Park is located at 1601 FM 2165 (Pearl St.) in Rockport. The park includes a 6000 sq. ft. modular skate park. Consisting of more than 100 acres, the Park includes 1.65 miles of Hike and Bike trails and a 3/4-mile nature trail with interpretive signs, and rest benches. Soccer fields, basketball courts, baseball/softball fields, off-leash dog parks, playscapes and fitness stations, birding sites, and picnic facilities serve a wide variety of interests throughout the year. FMI: email@example.com or www.cityofrockport.com 361-727-2158.
Aransas Pass Aquatic Center
In neighboring Aransas Pass: 3 pools, 3 slides. Free Parking. Happy Hour every day (except closed day – Tuesday) is only $2 – 4:30 to close. Monday family night 7 pm – 9 pm – $3. FMI: 361-758-7770400 E Johnson Ave, Aransas Pass TX.