Keys to Our Community
August Events & Attractions
Our Journey of Resilience
August 25, 2022
A full exhibit chronicling our journey through the last five years.
A special Business After Hours will be held beginning at 5 p.m. at the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center followed by an amazing Opening Ceremonies for a one and only exhibit featuring our journey or resilience. It will feature:
- the timeline before Hurricane Harvey’s arrival;
- how “a hand up” from so many meant so much to the community;
- videos and demonstrations of lessons learned;
- ways acts of human kindness took our breath away;
- the story of the monumental mountains of debris;
- and, the silver linings we’ve received over the last five years.
Please make plans for this special occasion.
Rockin’ Rockport Regatta
August 6-7, 2022
The 6th Annual Texas Sailing Association TSA Youth Sailing Rockin Rockport Regatta is sponsored by the Rockport Yacht Club. This is a TSA sanctioned event held at Rockport Harbor.
Bring your family to the Rockport area for the weekend and check out this event. Located at 722 Navigation Circle,
For more information call (361)729-3115 or http://www.rockportyachtclub.org/Home_Page.php
Rockport Downtown Farmers Market, August 13th, 9 am – 12 pm , A great place to buy locally grown produce as well as jams, jellies, & pickled produce. There will often be fresh-baked bread, local honey, eggs, and locally raised beef. Located in the parking lot at 105 S. Austin St., Rockport, Texas every 2nd Saturday of the month. The contact email for anyone interested in being a vendor is firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockport Downtown Makers Market, August 13th, 9 am – 5 pm, A local outdoor market featuring locally made items such as art, pottery, photography, handcrafted items, and more! Located in the Daily Grind Courtyard at 302 S. Austin St., Rockport, Texas. If you are interested in selling at this event please contact, Michell Mock-McMahon by emailing her at email@example.com. FMI:https://fb.me/e/1HfICaMp5
Rockport-Fulton Market Days, August 19-21, 9 am – 4 pm, COME JOIN THE FUN at Rockport-Fulton Market Days, the best market in SOUTH TEXAS! We offer over 150 amazing Vendors, awesome food trucks & alcohol, a 1600 square foot tent with LIVE MUSIC, seating, pet friendly environment & free face painting for the kids! Located on the Festival Grounds at Rockport Harbor, 100 Seabreeze, Rockport, Texas! Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 9 am – 4 pm, no fee – open to the public! Every third weekend of the month! FMI, go to ACMTexas.com & follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rockportmarket | 361-463-0125.
Find Yourself on the Rockport-Fulton Foodie Trail
Click on the link, view the videos and make your way to experience unique coastal cuisine in the Rockport-Fulton area.
Kids-In-Kayak’s summer program will start in June and continue through August. The program is totally FREE and open to everyone. Kayaking days are the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the months. There are two sessions each day. One at 9am and one at 10am. Space is limited. Reserve your place by messaging on the Kids-In Kayak’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ Kids-In-Kayaks-940890076033406
Local Events & Attractions
Rockport Center for the Arts
- August 13th – 3pm -5pm, Austin Uzor Opening reception “Windows for Forgotten Landscapes” This body of work addresses recurring imageries of windows and landscapes in my work. Through themes of religion and migration I am using intersectionality and duality as vehicles to navigate the complex reality of regularly being in a state of flux. These paintings specifically translate memories of personal iconographic moments and spaces through the years, both good and bad using windows as symbolic portals into old and new worlds.
Visit Rockport Center for the Arts at 401 South Austin St in Rockport (1st Floor of Baker Law). Hours of operation, Tuesday -Thursday 10 am – 4 pm, Friday-Saturday 10 am – 5 pm. 361-729-5519 or visit rockportartcenter.com
Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
- August 9, New Master Gardener Intern class begins, Registration required
- August 16, Tuesday, Noon – 1pm. “Blending Natives into your Landscape”, Floods, droughts, hurricanes – our gardens need to be tough to survive herein the Coastal Bend. Try adding some natives to your yard; they are adapted to our climate and will add years of low maintenance beauty to your landscape. The talk is free and open to the public. The presentation will be followed be a POP-ups plant sale onsite in our Coastal Oaks Garden. Just show up..
- Speaker: Michael Womack.
Brown Bags are held monthly, the 3rd Tuesday of each month(except December)
AgriLife Extension Office, 892 Airport Road, Rockport, TX. Master Gardeners is a non-profit program of TX A&M Agrilife Extension Service. FMI https://txmg.org/aransas/ or call (361) 790-0103.
The History Center for Aransas County
- August 25 – at 7pm, “Weathering the Storms-1919 and 2017: Historic Places of Refuge” will open on the five-year anniversary of landfall for Hurricane Harvey. Historic documents relate the stories of the 1919 storm that ended the resort era for Rockport. Many of the places featured have Historical Markers that relate the full story of the people who lived through the storm. A dramatic portrayal of 1919 events based on diary entries will play on the flat screen. interviews with current owners and photographs show how their historic venues fared during Hurricane Harvey. This exhibit is made possible in part by a grant from the Humanities Texas, the state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Sundays at the History Center
Unsung Heroines, exhibit featuring posters about women pioneers, Harriet Fulton, twentieth century ladies, women you served, leaders for the community, arts on the coast, fashion, women’s networks, and elected officials. Hours of operation for the History Center: Monday and Friday 10 am – 2 pm; Saturday and Sunday 1 pm – 4 pm. 801 E. Cedar St. Rockport, TX. | A Pathways Venue | For membership, volunteer information, and other activities: call 361-727-9214 or visit http://www.hcfriends.net/
Rockport Country Club
Rockport Country Club is poised to offer its members a lifestyle not found anywhere in the Coastal Bend area. Member’s offers include golf, dining, fitness, pool, and tennis. Private events are available for non-members. For membership questions please call Chris DeLoach (361) 450-4393 or visit our website at www.rockportcc.com
Fulton Mansion State Historic Site
- August 9th, 7 pm, Join us on the Fulton Mansion lawn for FREE family event! Make sure to bring your lawn chairs and blankets. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. This month featured entertainment is Red Tide.
- August 25th,” It’s Still Standing” A Hurricane History of the Fulton Mansion. Since its construction in 1877, the Fulton Mansion has withstood eight hurricanes that hit Aransas County or nearby. This exhibit tells the story about hoe George and Harriet Fulton’s home weathered these storms and is still standing today.
Hours of operation for Fulton Mansion: Tuesday through Saturday 10 am – 4 pm; Sunday 1 pm – 4 pm. Adult admission $7.00, Seniors $6.00, Military Veterans $6.00, children $4.00, children under 5 are free. The Fulton Mansion is located at 317 S. Fulton Beach Rd. Rockport, TX. Call ahead for the most up-to-date information: 361-729-0386 or visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/visitfultonmansion
Texas Maritime Museum & Education Center
TMM Administration Office (white bldg.., blue roof) – 361-729-1271
The Texas Maritime Museum is located at (1202 Navigation Circle, Rockport, TX 78382. For membership, volunteer information, and other activities: call 361-729-1271 or visit texasmaritimemuseum.org
Bay Education Center
The Estuary Exhibit Hall is now open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am – 4 pm with “Science on a Sphere” presentations every day at 2 pm. 361-774-1785, 121 Seabreeze Drive, Rockport, TX 78382
Rockport Little Theatre
For tickets, show dates, or more information please call 361-230-2660. Located at 99 N. Austin St. Rockport, TX 78382. To purchase tickets or buy a brick as a fundraiser for the performing arts of Rockport Little Theatre: https://www.rockportlittletheatre.com
Rockport Cultural Arts District
RCAD’s four murals are an Instagrammer’s dream, celebrating the community’s wildlife and heritage as an Art Colony since 1948. Come enjoy the newly renovated Rockport Railroad Depot museum, open every Saturday from 1pm to 4pm. One of 51 Cultural Districts in Texas, the Rockport District is an arts and humanities organization that sponsors historic restoration, museum creation, public artwork, including sculptures and murals, musical and transportation history events, and literary publications about Regional Texas History, including book-signings, artists presentations, and Symposium. Discover more about the galleries, shops, restaurants, food trucks, and cultural institutions in the District at https://rockportculturalartsdistrict.com/
Passport to the Past
Rockport Cultural Arts District has a new program called Passport to Aransas County’s Rich and Vibrant History. Your adventure begins with 4 exciting venues to explore.
Visit The Fulton Mansion, Texas Maritime Museum, Rockport Railroad Depot, and the History Center for Aransas County. At each venue scan the QR Code and fill out your passport digitally and complete the challenge. Each of the participating venues offers a unique learning and exploring experience. After completing the challenge digitally at all 4 venue you earn a prize! It is fun and educational way to check out our community. https://passport2thepast.com/aransas-county-passport/
Discover your Pathway! Hiking-Biking-Kayaking-History and Birding. Attractions and Nature trails throughout Aransas County. Are you looking to get out in nature while lending a helping hand? Aransas Pathways has volunteer opportunities! If you want to give back to a good cause, call 210-639-2340 to sign up! FMI on Aransas Pathways, visit www.aransaspathways.com | 361-729-6445
Fulton Schoolhouse Museum
Open every Saturday from 1 pm – 4 pm, with free tours! Come see what a one-room schoolhouse looked like! See a perfect replica of the Fulton Mansion and view interesting items that have been donated by Fulton residents. Located at 305 7th Street, Fulton, TX 78358.
Fulton Music in the Park
Every weekend Friday or Saturday at 7 pm – 10 pm (weather permitting) at The Pavilion at Fulton Harbor Park. Free and open to the public to enjoy!
Texas’ first Blue Wave Beach! Located at 210 Seabreeze Drive, Rockport, TX 78382. Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 6 am – 11 pm and Friday-Saturday, 6 am – 11 pm. Beach passes for Rockport Beach are $10/Daily and $40/Yearly. No charge for walk-ins.
Aransas National Wildlife Refuge
Open daily from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. The Visitor Center is open Wednesday through Sunday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Come hike a trail, fish off the pier or from your kayak, or drive the 16-mile auto tour. FMI, call 361-349-1181 or visit www.facebook.com/AransasNWR or www.fws.gov/refuge/aransas/.(Voted the #1 birding spot and # 5 National Wildlife Refuge in the USA for USA TODAY Readers’ Choice)
Goose Island State Park
- Shorebird Walk: Wednesdays & Saturdays 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Woodland Bird Walk: Thursdays 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Big Tree Natural Area Bird Walk: Fridays 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
Open 7 days a week from 8 AM-10 PM. Park Headquarters is staffed 7 days a week from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Tent and RV camping available; reservations recommended. Hurricane Harvey repairs are complete and all areas of the park are open, including the 1,620 ft. fishing pier, Bayfront campsites, boat ramp, birding areas, hiking trail, and picnic area. While at Goose Island, be sure to visit one of the most famous live oaks in the world, the “Big Tree,” estimated to be centuries old. For more information, visit https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/goose-island, https://www.facebook.com/GooseIslandSP/, or call 361-729-2858.
The Woman’s Club of Aransas County
Open Monday and Friday 12:30 pm – 4 pm. No food or drinks. Tables 6ft apart. Temperatures will be taken before entering and hand sanitizer used. 50% occupancy rules apply. Play canasta, mah-jongg, and party bridge. | 1104 E. Concho, Rockport. (Across from the Chamber of Commerce near the Rockport Harbor) Members $4 | Non-members $5. FMI: 361-557-1150 or visit https://www.wcofaransas.org
Rockport-Fulton High School tennis courts open to the public. No charge. Each court can have 4 players. *courts are available . First come – first serve basis. Just bring your own equipment. For more information contact Molly Jackson McConville 361- 463 -6328 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rockport – Fulton Community Pool
Classes include Water Aerobics, Water Walking, and Lap Swim. Located at 2001 Stadium Dr. The park houses an 8 lane, 25-yard pool (heated to 86 degrees) and diving area, a bathhouse, towel warmer, and swimsuit dryer. The park also has a playground, picnic area, and a ¼ mile nature trail. FMI: email@example.com | 361-727-9989 | www.cityofrockport.com
Rockport Yacht Club
- August 6-7, 2022. 6th Annual TSA Youth Sailing Rockin’ Rockport Regatta. Sponsored by the Annual TSA Sanctioned Youth Sailing Regatta to Rockport, Texas. Located at Rockport Yacht Club, 722 Navigation Circle, Rockport, Texas 78382. FMI: (361)729-3115 or http://www.rockportyachtclub.org/Home_Page.php
- August 4th, at 8:30pm. Free Movie in the Park. Our Throwback Thursday Movie in the Park will feature The Lion King (1994) on the big screen at dusk. Bring your blankets/chairs and bug spray! Free admission and Free popcorn. Concession items available for purchase to support the Rockport-Fulton Youth Soccer League.
Check out the Disc golf course intertwining among the oak trees. Memorial Park is located at 1601 FM 2165 (Pearl St.) in Rockport. The park includes a 6000 sq. ft. modular skate park. Consisting of more than 100 acres, the Park includes 1.65 miles of Hike and Bike trails and a 3/4-mile nature trail with interpretive signs, and rest benches. Soccer fields, basketball courts, baseball/softball fields, off-leash dog parks, playscapes and fitness stations, birding sites, and picnic facilities serve a wide variety of interests throughout the year. FMI: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.cityofrockport.com 361-727-2158.
Lighted Night Kayaking
Trips leave at 8 pm and 10 pm. More info can be obtained by contacting the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce at 361-729-6445.
Birding and Dolphin Tours/Boat & Kayak Excursions
Group boat tours are available. Information on Dolphin and birding adventures can be obtained by contacting the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce at 361-729-6445.
Aransas Pass Aquatic Center
In neighboring Aransas Pass: 3 pools, 3 slides. Free Parking. Happy Hour every day (except closed day – Tuesday) is only $2 – 4:30 to close. Monday family night 7 pm – 9 pm – $3. FMI: 361-758-7770400 E Johnson Ave, Aransas Pass TX.
C.A.S.T. for Kids Rockport Beach
August 13th, 2022, 8am -1pm Enriching the lives if children with special needs, supporting families and strengthening communities through the sport of fishing. A joyful day of fishing and boating brings kids with special needs, their families and community volunteers together for an explosion of fun and inspiration. Space is limited-sign up today. Free Fishing Gear Fun-Pack! Any question please contact Thomas Brotzman at (512)971-4024. Pre-registration at https://castforkids.org/event/rockportbeach