March Events & Attractions
March 3-6, 2022
Each year the Fulton Fire Department sponsors Oysterfest, a salute to the tasty bivalve found in our local waters! Oysterfest features an oyster eating contest, carnival rides, games, food, live music, unique vendor booths, and most of all – FUN!
Whooping Crane Strut
March 5, 2022
Bring your running or strutting shoes for the 33rd Annual Whooping Crane Strut! This annual, chip-timed event includes a 5k and 10k run, plus a 2 mile walk! The event will start at the Little Bay Pavilion in Rockport Beach. The 5K Run and the 10K Run will use the Beach Park Road through the Heritage District in Downtown Rockport. The 2Mile Walk will stay within the Rockport Beach.
Crawfish Cook-Off & Tasting
March 18-19, 2022
Get ready for the 3rd Annual Rockport Crawfish Cook-Off and tasting presented by SR Boil House! With a new location in downtown Rockport. Make plans to attend this awesome event that boasts all you can eat crawfish, live music, cold drinks, and fun for the whole family!
Spring Art Fair by the Bay
March 26-27, 2022
The Rockport Spring Art Fair features galleries and collectives, invited to show artwork for acquisition and collection! For the 2022 format, an art appraiser and consultant will be conducting antiquities and art appraisals (no jewelry)! Tickets are available for pick up at 401 S Austin Street during gallery hours, or at the door!
Taste of Rockport-Fulton
March 31, 2022
Supporting the Rockport Rotary Club Scholarship Fund and BACK by popular demand, this year’s Taste of Rockport-Fulton features food and wine tastings of over 15 restaurants, live and silent auctions, the popular mystery box raffle, and plenty of entertainment! You don’t want to miss this event of the year!
Join The Outdoor Fun In Rockport-Fulton, Texas!
Aransas County is known for eco-tourism, so social distancing is not a problem. The fishing is phenomenal. This area is known among anglers for its hearty speckled trout and redfish, among the wide variety of saltwater catches waiting in the waters.
Professional fishing guides, public piers, and marinas are readily available. An activity that is popular in the area is Kayak fishing. With an array of kayak sites, everyone from fishermen to birders can enjoy and take part in the use of these. With miles of seascape, there is ample opportunity to enjoy the beauty along with a bit of meditation.
Our phenomenal birding environment boasts over 400 different species that can be spotted in the marshes, wooded inland areas, and along the sandy beaches.
Around Town Community Events
Rockport Downtown Farmers Market, Mar. 12, 9 am – 12 pm, A great place to buy locally grown produce as well as jams, jellies, & pickled produce. There will often be fresh-baked bread, local honey, eggs, and locally raised beef. Located in the parking lot at 105 S. Austin St., Rockport, Texas every 2nd Saturday of the month. The contact email for anyone interested in being a vendor is email@example.com
Rockport Downtown Makers Market, Mar. 12, 9 am – 5 pm, A local outdoor market featuring locally made items such as art, pottery, photography, handcrafted items, and more! Located in the Daily Grind Courtyard at 302 S. Austin St., Rockport, Texas. If you are interested in selling at this event please contact, Michell Mock-McMahon by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org. FMI:https://fb.me/e/1HfICaMp5
Rockport-Fulton Market Days, Mar. 18-20, 9 am – 4 pm, COME JOIN THE FUN at Rockport Fulton Market Days, the Best Market in SOUTH TEXAS! We offer over 150 Amazing Vendors, awesome food trucks & alcohol, a 1600 square foot tent with LIVE MUSIC, seating, pet friendly environment & free face painting for the kids! Located on the Festival Grounds at Rockport Harbor, 100 Seabreeze, Rockport, Texas! Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 9 am – 4 pm, no fee – open to the public! Every third weekend of the month! FMI, go to ACMTexas.com & follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rockportmarket | 361-463-0125.
Local Events & Attractions
Rockport Center for the Arts
- Feb. 1-Mar. 1 (Tuesdays), 1 pm – 4 pm, Collage Study Assemblage
- Mar. 4-Apr. 3, “Rising Eyes of Texas 2022” Every year, Rockport Center for the Arts hosts a statewide, juried exhibition for undergraduate and graduate students emerging in the visual arts. Cash prizes are awarded for first, second and third place.
- Mar. 5, 5 pm – 7 pm, “Rising Eyes of Texas 2022” Reception
- Mar. 25, 6 pm, (Spring Art Fair by the Bay) VIP Preview Party, VIP Guests get the first chance to see and acquire works from reputable Texas galleries for their collections.
- Mar. 26-27, Spring Art Fair by the Bay Event, (featured above) Located at the Fulton Convention Center, 402 N Fulton Beach Road, Fulton, TX. Saturday, Mar. 26, 10 AM – 5 PM – Sunday, Mar. 27, 11 AM – 4 PM. Tickets $6 available online in advance or at the door the day of.
- Mar. 15-17, 1 pm – 4 pm, Spring Break Youth Camp, sign up on our website https://www.rockportartcenter.com/springbreakyouthcamp
Visit Rockport Center for the Arts’ at 401 South Austin St in Rockport (1st Floor of Baker Law). Hours of operation, Tuesday -Thursday 10 am – 4 pm, Friday-Saturday 10 am – 5 pm. 361-729-5519 or visit rockportartcenter.com
The History Center for Aransas County
- Mar. 6, 2 pm, “Veterans Share Their Thoughts” will be held at the Texas Maritime Museum, cosponsor of the event. The program brings a panel of soldiers (U.S. and South Vietnamese) who served in Vietnam to share their field experiences, good and bad.
Hours of operation for the History Center: Monday and Friday 10 am – 2 pm; Saturday and Sunday 1 pm – 4 pm. 801 E. Cedar St. Rockport | A Pathways Venue | For membership, volunteer information, and other activities: call 361-727-9214 or visit http://www.hcfriends.net/
Fulton Mansion State Historic Site
- Mar. 6, 2 pm – 3 pm, “Rockport Strong, A Hurricane History of The Fulton Mansion and The Coastal Bend,” a panel discussion at the Fulton Mansion’s Visitor Center, featuring; Alan Holt – Chief Meteorologist at KIII – Corpus Christi, Sam Cuellar – PhD in Nautical Archeology from Texas A&M, Joseph Fox – Fulton Mansion Educator. This event is free and open to the public.
Hours of operation for Fulton Mansion: Tuesday through Saturday 10 am – 4 pm; Sunday 1 pm – 4 pm. Adult admission $7.00, Seniors $6.00, Military Veterans $6.00, children $4.00, children under 5 are free. The Fulton Mansion is located at 317 S. Fulton Beach Rd. Rockport, TX. Call ahead for the most up-to-date information: 361-729-0386 or visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/visitfultonmansion
Texas Maritime Museum & Education Center
Join us for TMM’s annual Brown Bag Lunch Lecture Series (bring your own) or enjoy our refreshments for twelve weeks of interesting and educational presentations! This is our longest running and highly attended FREE adult program at TMM. Every Monday from 12 pm to 1 pm (doors open at 11:45 am) in the Education Center.
- Mar. 7, 12 pm – 1 pm, Sam Cuellar: History & Archaeology of Indianola, TX and Matagorda Bay
- Mar. 14-18, (no presenter) Maritime Spring Break Camp
- Mar. 21, 12 pm 1 pm, Jose Luis Casaban: History of the Twelve Apostles, a series of 16th Century Spanish Galleons
- Mar. 28, 12 pm – 1 pm, Andy Hall: The (Re) Discovery of the Steamboat Mary Conley
The Texas Maritime Museum is located at (1202 Navigation Circle, Rockport, TX 78382. For membership, volunteer information, and other activities: call 361-729-1271 or visit texasmaritimemuseum.org
Rockport Little Theatre
- Mar. 11, 18, 19, Open Mic, $5 talent sign up, $1 tickets at the door. Call 361-450-1465 to sign up or get more information. Contestants arrive 6 pm, bring your musical instruments, backing tracks or any other stage props you need. The theater has a piano.
- Mar. 12, 7 pm, doors open at 6 pm, Helen Russell & Company Award Winning Variety Show, “a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll!” Featuring impersonations, comedy, veterans tribute, and audience participation! Donation bar and concessions will be available! Tickets are $20.
- Mar. 25 – 26, we are premiering “Rockport Has Talent” the weekend of Mar. 25 with a dress rehearsal Mar. 24. Get your act together and save the date!
For tickets, show dates, or more information please call 361-230-2660. To purchase tickets or buy a brick as a fundraiser for the performing arts of Rockport Little Theatre: https://www.rockportlittletheatre.com
Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service
- Mar. 12, 9 am – 1 pm, Master Gardener Annual Spring Plant Sale, this event will include hundreds of native & adapted shrubs, trees, flowering plants and more! RAIN OR SHINE Cash, Check, Credit cards Event Coordinator: Cathy Gates, home: 507-430-6544 / cell: 507-430-6544; email@example.com
- Mar. 15, 12 pm – 1 pm, FREE Brown Bag Lecture, “Feed the Birds … the Plants They Love,” if you plant it they will come – find out which birds make their homes in the Coastal Bend, which just pass through, and what plants will attract all of them to your yard.
- The presentation, and POP-up plant sale, are free and open to the public and held at the Aransas County office of AgriLife Extension, 892 Airport Rd in Rockport, TX. Call 790-0103 for information. It is not necessary to sign up, just show up. Brown Bags are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month (except December). Each is followed by a POP-up plant sale onsite in our Coastal Oaks Garden. JOIN US!
AgriLife Extension Office, 892 Airport Road, Rockport, TX. Master Gardeners is a non-profit program of TX A&M Agrilife Extension Service. FMI https://txmg.org/aransas/ or call (361) 790-0103.
- Mar. 19, 10 am, Nature Walk at Ivy Lane, led by Local Texas Master Naturalists, enjoy an easy walk and explore the native flora and fauna of the Coastal Bend. This event is free and open to the public, FMI 361-729-6445 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Ivy Lane Site is located at the end of Ivy Lane off of Griffith Drive, Rockport, TX 78382.
Volunteer while you visit! Aransas Pathways Gardens Volunteers needed! Come help restore Aransas County Pathways and have fun while doing it! Bring garden gloves, wear good shoes and work clothes! Free coffee, courtesy of Quirky Birds Coffee!
- Mar. 25, 8 am – 10 am, Ivy Lane – 499 Ivy Lane, Rockport, TX 78382
- Mar. 26, 8 am – 10 am, Linda S. Castro Nature Sanctuary – 4140 Hwy. 35 N, Rockport, TX 78382
Discover your Pathway! Hiking-Biking-Kayaking-History and Birding. Attractions and Nature trails throughout Aransas County. Are you looking to get out in nature while lending a helping hand? Aransas Pathways has volunteer opportunities! If you want to give back to a good cause, call 361-790-9496 to sign up! FMI on Aransas Pathways, visit www.aransaspathways.com | 361-729-6445.
Bay Education Center
The Estuary Exhibit Hall is now open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am – 4 pm with “Science on a Sphere” presentations every day at 2 pm. 361-774-1785, 121 Seabreeze Drive, Rockport, TX 78382
Fulton Schoolhouse Museum
Open every Saturday from 1 pm – 4 pm, with free tours! Come see what a one-room schoolhouse looked like! See a perfect replica of the Fulton Mansion and view interesting items that have been donated by Fulton residents. Located at 305 7th Street, Fulton, TX 78358.
Fulton Music in the Park
Every Friday 7 pm – 10 pm (weather permitting) at The Pavilion at Fulton Harbor Park. Free and open to the public to enjoy!
Rockport Cultural Arts District
RCAD’s four murals are an Instagrammer’s dream, celebrating the community’s wildlife and heritage as an Art Colony since 1948. A safe and fun way to remember Rockport! One of 48 Cultural Districts in Texas, the Rockport District is restoring the historic San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railroad Depot. Discover more about the galleries, shops, restaurants, food trucks, and cultural institutions at https://rockportculturalartsdistrict.com/
Goose Island State Park
- Shorebird Walk: Wednesdays & Saturdays 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Woodland Bird Walk: Thursdays 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Big Tree Natural Area Bird Walk: Fridays 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
Open 7 days a week from 8 AM-10 PM. Park Headquarters is staffed 7 days a week from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Tent and RV camping available; reservations recommended. Hurricane Harvey repairs are complete and all areas of the park are open, including the 1,620 ft. fishing pier, bayfront campsites, boat ramp, birding areas, hiking trail, and picnic area. While at Goose Island, be sure to visit one of the most famous live oaks in the world, the “Big Tree,” estimated to be centuries old. For more information, visit https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/goose-island, https://www.facebook.com/GooseIslandSP/, or call 361-729-2858.
The Woman’s Club of Aransas County
Open Monday and Friday 12:30 pm – 4 pm. No food or drinks. Masks are required. Tables 6ft apart. Temperatures will be taken before entering and hand sanitizer used. 50% occupancy rules apply. Play canasta, mah-jongg, and party bridge. | 1104 E. Concho, Rockport. (Across from the Chamber of Commerce near the Rockport Harbor) Members $4 | Non-members $5. FMI: 361-557-1150 or visit https://www.wcofaransas.org
Lighted Night Kayaking
Trips leave at 8 pm and 10 pm. More info can be obtained by contacting the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce at 361-729-6445.
Texas’ first Blue Wave Beach! Located at 210 Seabreeze Drive, Rockport, TX 78382. Hours: Sunday-Thursday, 6 am – 11 pm and Friday-Saturday, 6 am – 11 pm. Beach passes for Rockport Beach are $10/Daily and $40/Yearly. No charge for walk-ins.
Birding and Dolphin Tours/Boat & Kayak Excursions
Boat Tours are available. Information on Dolphin and birding adventures can be obtained by contacting the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce at 361-729-6445.
Aransas National Wildlife Refuge
Open daily from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. The Visitor Contact Station is currently closed. Come hike a trail, fish off the pier or from your kayak, or drive the 16-mile auto tour. FMI, call 361-349-1181 or visit www.facebook.com/AransasNWR or www.fws.gov/refuge/aransas/.
(Voted the #1 birding spot and # 5 National Wildlife Refuge in the USA for USA TODAY Readers’ Choice)
Community Aquatic Park
Classes include Water Aerobics, Water Walking, and Lap Swim. Located at 2001 Stadium Dr. The park houses an 8 lane, 25-yard pool (heated to 86 degrees) and diving area, a bathhouse, towel warmer, and swimsuit dryer. The park also has a playground, picnic area, and a ¼ mile nature trail. FMI: email@example.com | 361-727-9989 | www.cityofrockport.com
The City of Rockport now has its skate park relocated on the Memorial Park grounds. Check out the Disc golf course intertwining among the oak trees. Memorial Park is located at 1601 FM 2165 (Pearl St.) in Rockport. The park includes a 6000 sq. ft. modular skate park. Consisting of more than 100 acres, the Park includes 1.65 miles of Hike and Bike trails and a 3/4-mile nature trail with interpretive signs, and rest benches. Soccer fields, basketball courts, baseball/softball fields, off-leash dog parks, playscapes and fitness stations, birding sites, and picnic facilities serve a wide variety of interests throughout the year. FMI: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.cityofrockport.com 361-727-2158.
Rockport Country Club
Located at 101 Champions Dr. Rockport Country Club is poised to offer its members a lifestyle not found anywhere in the Coastal Bend area. Member’s offers include golf, dining, fitness, pool, and tennis. Private events are available for non-members. For membership questions please call Chris DeLoach (361) 450-4393 or visit our website at www.rockportcc.com
Aransas Pass Aquatic Center
In neighboring Aransas Pass: 3 pools, 3 slides. Free Parking. Happy Hour every day (except closed day – Tuesday) is only $2 – 4:30 to close. Monday family night 7 pm – 9 pm – $3. FMI: 361-758-7770400 E Johnson Ave, Aransas Pass TX.